Reply To: Broken Anchor Links #content

Home Forums Main Forum General Topics Broken Anchor Links #content Reply To: Broken Anchor Links #content

Ellen
Participant

I’m sorry, but I need to ask this again. I did (as suggested above) comment out the skip to content code as a temporary fix to avoid having broken anchor links show up on all pages of the site. But I would like a better solution.

I do see where the reference is in the header.php file to skip to the main content for screen readers. What DOESN’T work though is the destination of that anchor link (i.e., where the accessibility reader is supposed to skip TO) is not found in the template either on the header.php file or the page.php (or whatever other template from the theme the page is using).

I see this occurring on both the Circumference and the Preferential themes, I’m not sure if it is in any of the others.

Here is the code from the Preference header.php file:

<?php _e( ‘Skip to content’, ‘preferential’ ); ?>

I believe the problem is not in the above code, but either at the end of the header.php template or in another page template that contains the page content. I haven’t been able to find that yet. Either that or the name #content is not correct and simply needs to be named correctly to find the content.

I hope this makes more sense.