This turned out to be a non-issue. The “slider” quite working when I no longer had xampp running on my machine. I had just put the site onto host and also had xampp running when I tested so I never saw the problem. The script that I used to update the new URL’s for the hosted site did NOT update the URL associated with the slider I have running on the home page. It was still pointing to XAMPP and oops – I did not have(locahost) up so the slider failed to appear. My bad. When moving the site to a different URL – the images for the slider will have to be manually updated (until the script to update URL’s is updated) .