Reply To: Starting a Themes Suggestions thread?
Home › Forums › Main Forum › General Topics › Starting a Themes Suggestions thread? › Reply To: Starting a Themes Suggestions thread?
OMG!!!Thank you SO much for the new Theme suggestions forum! Hope it will not be a nightmare for you but that should be fun and interesting for us to exchange ideas 🙂
1) For the menu – why don’t you just add to your zip/themes a menu plugin so your client can choose between yours or the included plugin? You know some themes include one or two plugins – either already paid for or just the lite version. NOO menu is cool – I hate that they have the css – 2 miles long – in the head though but it has a lot of fun options – sticky – colors – gradient – icons for menu links and a lot more.. and big plus: they are adorable for the support (one HUGE detail I love with you also). I am sure they would be really happy to allow you to include it in your themes – as I said – may be a lite version and then your clients would have the option to buy it if they like it? That way people could just play with the menu without you having to code all the options.
The way I set up mine: I added NOOmenu inside the class of yours so it uses it’s own css – added the NOO widget below my widget slider in banner and voila – my menu is below the banner – and I unchecked all your menus positions – if I wanted it in one of your position then I would just check the menu position I want and it would use that position. Seems that would be a good solution for you without the headaches?
2) Fonts: I did not mean option for font selection – I meant font size – several clients told me the content font is too small so I have to digg in the css to change it and make it a wee bit bigger. Just a simple (or not simple..?) option to choose like 10px – 12px – 14px – just for the content would be a good start. It’s easier to find the h1-h2 in he css than the general font size for the content. I know you have to convert the px in relm or elm for responsive..may be that is where the problem is?
3) My mistake: that’s the NOO menu which has the font: //fonts.googleapis.com/css? – sorry about that. I think you are right – none on your recent themes has those 🙂
4) Great news for the “extras” – thank you 🙂
5) Finally those 100% sections. As I said on Sunday, both layerslider and revslider does that like a breeze – just enter the shortcode where you want it on the page and..voila..full 100% gorgeous section – either just a static image and you put your text there (instead of slides) or slider or even just text and color – it just fits full width anywhere you put the shortcode on the page and the number of sections you want so you easily can end up with a theme like the one I mentioned the other day WITHOUT a builder. No parallax but I don’t care about that.
I understand that to do that they have to break your container but..hey..they have the trick to do that without a glitch and fully responsive – can’t you just..er..like..found out how they do that? Must be somewhere in their css or js files? Cost like $17 on Code Canyon. May be you will find the secret and then implement it on your themes? No builder there.
Who am I to tell you what to do..ha.. but since you are very nice and open, I dare 🙂
Thank you so much for your reply and your time – I am so excited to see your future themes!