Unfortunately, the .po file you’ve now seems to be generated from the .pot file of last version not latest version. We’ve sent you the latest .pot file from which it should be be generated. I’ve sent you the latest .pot file and you should generate it from that file. First of all, try to translate those texts which were not translating before so you can verify it to save your time. I hope you’re using 1.1.0 version of Pure & Simple.
We didn’t remove the _x function from theme rather than we’ve regenerated .po file as _x function will allow us to use the same text in different place in different contexts so you if you translate it with right file it should be good.