Background image /2 colors ?

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Background image /2 colors ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    C.C. Blewett

As usual, I”m trying to customize the child theme and get rid of all the white space above the banner/slideshow/header or whatever you call it. Suddenly, I”m getting a background with a sort of brick color (CC6666, if Fireworks is “picking” the right color) in a big swoop on the right side. Where did that come from and how do I get rid of it?
    And on my wish list: An option to set the base font size for the site. The default is too small, in my opinion, and I’ve changed “12px” everywhere I can find it and it doesn’t make a bit of difference (regardless of clearing cache, changing browsers, etc.). I much prefer setting the body tag with a font size of 62.5% and then being able to use ems for the various elements.
    I also wish that when I modify something in the child theme, it would actually change, but I keep finding that much of what I want to change is hard-coded into the page templates or somewhere other than the parent style.css.

Here’s the site:
    http://realtorsherriwilliams-austintx.com/home/
    thanks

Sushil Adhikari

Not quite sure I understand, but are you are saying that big curve brick colour element is not supposed to be there? I think you may want to backtrack whatever you did before that showed up. The colour of it by the way is #b36464 and the only things in the stylesheet with that are the headings. I did notice one thing though which is also in my version (amazed it works) is that around line 601 of the style.css has a background-color: b36464; (it’s missing the # symbol). This line could probably be taken out.

By the way, I noticed you are on an older version of Encounters. Current version is 1.7.7.

However, as for the big curve…even with my webmaster tools in my browser, I was unable to find what that is. I did notice when you move the cursor over it, it becomes an i-beam (generally for text areas).

As for Encounters and all the things I need to fix and update (this theme is quite old actually), I plan on making some big updates with it soon…expect within a couple of weeks. The first big one to tackle will be to clean up the font situation.

C.C. Blewett

Correct: the big curve element is not supposed to be there.
    I’m not sure what I’ll do, but thanks.

Sushil Adhikari

I wish I could help, but I really do not know where or what that is. It’s a very smooth curve which looks like something has a border radius of something massive. My only suggestion is to try and reverse what you did to the point prior to before it appeared, then slowly move forward with whatever customization you did. That whole block is a layer and when you mouse over, the cursor changes to an i-beam, so it’s almost like it’s text based somehow.

Sushil Adhikari

I just had to do this out of curiosity, but I did a mosaic of what that big curve is…it measures like 10,000 x 8000 pixels in size and it looks like a few letters that are mega sized but overlapping. The colour is the colour of headings, so I am thinking you did a heading but something went wrong with your content or customization. One of the reasons why I am thinking it’s text based because again, the cursor turns into an i-beam for highlighting text when you go over it in your page. Here is a small screenshot of several screenshots put together:

giantcurves.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

Found your problem… you owe me a Grande sized hazelnut mocha from starbucks (with extra whipped cream) for this. Actually, make that a Venti size!

h1 {

color: #FFF;
    	font-size: 13px;

font-size: 875rem;

}

You did 875rem (that is massive).

C.C. Blewett

I found it about when you did, but I do feel you deserved a little something for slogging away at it. Probably not enough for a Venti, but it’s the thought that counts, right?

Sushil Adhikari

lol… I did not expect the gift you sent, however, thanks…and yes, it definitely will cover the mocha 🙂
    I will definitely enjoy that one…especially that it’s sunny out, so I think I will make it an iced mocha :woohoo:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.