Banner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I want to show a banner below the header. I want either a small border above and below, or none at all. I’ve set the banner to 0px 0px 0px 0px but I’m still seeing an uneven border:

http://shop.bellydanceoz.com

I’m wondering if the problem is how I created the image. I can’t see how to input an image into the banner widget, so I installed the Image Widget plugin. Should I be doing something else?

Sushil Adhikari

Is this what you are wanting to do?

banner.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

just realized… the image has a class of aligncenter. This is adding margins to the image. Best to use a text widget and use basic HTML tag:

to load your image and don’t add a class to it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yay! I took the “align center” out of the Image Widget and it’s now working. next question – can I get rid of the scanlines?

Sushil Adhikari

Good to hear. For the other question,
    Go to Appearance >> customize >> Header Image tab….then check the box for “Hide Showcase lines

Oops, sorry – I was looking for that option and I’ve looked at that menu several times, but for some reason I couldn’t see it (maybe because it’s at the top).

On that score, it would be great if you could consider having a Theme Options page, rather than putting everything in Live Preview. It’s a nice idea to have the site in the same window, but there are so MANY options, scrolling up and down and opening and closing sections becomes a real chore. I notice the Live Preview doesn’t always reflect the change until you save it, anyway, so it would be more comfortable to have a full-width page and just have the site open in another window and refresh it to see the change.

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the feedback Dorothy.
    Actually, there are a lot more benefits to not having a theme options “page” as it were. The built-in customizer is a core WordPress feature that keeps things more to the core and standards of WordPress, but is a lot easier to build options using this compared to a custom theme options page. There’s also less chances of errors and compatibility issues as you update WordPress and even third party plugins each time. This is better for functionality, flexibility, and especially stability reasons. One thing to keep in mind is that once you get all your theme options setup, you won’t have to go to the customizer again (or often).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.