BlackStudio Tiny MCE plugin does not work

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters BlackStudio Tiny MCE plugin does not work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The BlackStudio Tiny MCE plugin that you recommended in one of the videos does not work. My text editor is the same as the normal WP text editor when I use this plugin. Is there some step that I have missed along the way?

Sushil Adhikari

If I understand how it works, it loads the editor from your WordPress into a text widget. Based on their plugin page, this is part of their description:

This plugin adds a WYSIWYG text widget based on the standard TinyMCE WordPress visual editor.

I’m going to guess you thought it would load in an advanced TinyMCE editor that is different? If so, you would also need to add the TinyMCE advanced plugin, which it would then load that in the widget.

I didn’t know what to expect but my text editor looks the same if I don’t have this plugin activated as it does when it’s active. It just doesn’t do anything.

Sushil Adhikari

Perhaps there was a misunderstanding… but that plugin is a widget that gives you a text widget with an editor. It’s not meant to replace your standard WP editor. For that, you need the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, or any other editor that offers more options and settings.

Yes, it was a misunderstanding on my part. I thought it would extend the capabilities of the normal WP editor, for example the editor when you’re writing a page (not in a widget).

Sushil Adhikari

No worries… but as I mentioned, if you are looking for more of an advanced editor, the TinyMCE Advanced plugin seems to be popular and offers several settings you can activate…you can even rearrange the editor buttons too. If you work with html code as well, the html view will show all your html code tags whereas the WP editor hides most of it.

Thanks, I’ll give this a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.