Body text font larger

Home Forums Main Forum General Topics Body text font larger

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Glenda

Hi Andre,

I have read the instructions to others about adding this code to the Child-CSS file, but it didnt work.

body {font-size: 110%;}

I made it larger but it still didn’t work.
    Is there something else that I should do?
    http://www.weddingdirectorymelbourne.com

I am using Encounters theme.

Sushil Adhikari

was there any content in the page or pages that did enlarge or no change for anything?

Sushil Adhikari

actually… I found the error which is on my part. In the parent theme style.css around line 226 is this:

#content-wrapper {
    padding: 30px 0 50px;
    background-color: #FFF;
    border-bottom: 7px solid #BF7B7B;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-size: 0.750rem;
    line-height: 22px;
    line-height: 1.375rem;
    color: #787B7F;
    }

Change the font-size: 0.75rem; to be this:

font-size: 0.75em;

(rem to em)

I will need to create a major update to this theme to make the fonts more consistent and to change the rem values to em’s instead. This is a relative size which means if you make your body font size in a percent, such as 110%, then the rest of the content in the page will adjust the their font size to be relative to that 110%. It’s a bit techy I know, but this is actually the correct way to create sizing in themes nowadays…to be relative. Using px sizes whether fonts or paddings, etc., do not change if you change the body base size because using px is a “fixed” size, meaning it won’t change.

Glenda

I changed the parent theme and it now looks amazingly different. I don’t know why I hadn’t asked this question before.

So should I have changed the parent theme or the child theme in this case, as you will probably change it later in a future upgrade.

Sushil Adhikari

Normally for any modifications, the child theme is where you would do it, but because of how I coded the theme, I need to make that change. One thing you can do if you want to keep everything to the child theme for now, is to make that above change I posted in the child theme (which actually might be better for the time being until I do the theme update later). Basically you would do this in your child theme style.css:

#content-wrapper {
    font-size: 0.75em;
    }
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.