Changing 404 page image

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Circumference Changing 404 page image

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Carrie Green

Hi, I’ve updated the 404.php file with the text my client wanted (in the child theme), plus I have created a new background image, which has been placed in the ‘images’ folder in the child theme. How do I now make it display the new background image? The new text is showing up fine.

Also I want to move the the paragraph line and search box to beneath the new image. Is that possible?

Sorry, I’ve never touched php before. I’m still just learning html and wordpress 🙂

Thank you in advance…

Sushil Adhikari

The path for things like when used in a child theme, in particular, the 404 page, is done from the CSS level. In this case, the style.css has this showing:

/* 404 page */
    .error-content {
    	text-align: center;
    	background: transparent url(images/404.png) center top no-repeat ;
    	min-height: 400px;
    }

You would need to create a custom version of the container class .error-content so that it points to the new image in the child theme’s own image folder. This would simply go into your child theme’s own style.css

Here is a great site for help on doing backgrounds with CSS:

http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

By the way, no need to say sorry about php…most people are not familiar with php except developers and designers…I’ve been doing this for many years and still learning it myself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.