Changing background color of the “compact” menu

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference Changing background color of the “compact” menu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eric Nevitt

Using Preference theme and since I changed main and sub-menu background colors via theme customize option, I would like to be able to do the same, via the same theme customize option, when “compact” menu is in question. By compact menu am referring to the menu showing up when page is viewed on smaller resolutions, such as cell phones.

I currently have a situation where compact menu background color, as well as sub-menu background color are the default #78a5b6 while other compact menu colors are derived from changes made via theme customize option.

How can I change these colors manually in the meantime, until, hopefully, color changes can be implemented via theme customize option?

Sushil Adhikari

I agree…. at some point I may redesign Preference just like I did with the older Celestial theme. However, the menu.css is found in the theme’s css folder and the background and other styles for the mobile view is around line 165 and starts off with this:

@media (min-width: 320px) and (max-width: 599px) {
    Eric Nevitt

Do I modify style.css of the child theme in order to make menu.css changes? I ask because in Lite child version there was a line in style.css that said “* Add your menu.css changes here”. I don’t see it in child theme of the Pro version.

Sushil Adhikari

If you are using a child theme, yes, but you can also override it from the style.css of the parent too.
    The child theme should be in the original download file in a folder “child-theme”. What version of download do you have?

Eric Nevitt

I use Preference Child version 0.1.0. It was in the same .zip file, together with Preference Pro, when I downloaded it less than 24 hours a go.

So, I essentially copied “* Add your menu.css changes here” line from Lite child style.css, and than entered color changes below. It would be very useful if Child theme style.css would have lines from Lite version child theme stylle.css.
    Let me tell you it wasn’t easy making all those changes in colors to compact menu. Doing it via theme customize option would be a blessing.

Goran
    Participant

Forum bug? No Eric Nevitt made previous posts. It was me.

Sushil Adhikari

Strange…and to think I just updated the forum plugin to the latest version. I will have to keep a watch for this to see if other user names are showing on posts instead of the actual author. Growing pains of site updates and have a growing list of “To Do’s”.

However, I will have to present this issue to the developers of the forum and find out what is happening and why it has a cross user posting for yours only.

Goran
    Participant

Yes, it’s strange. I now only have 3 topics started, although I started at least double that number. Makes id kind o difficult for me to follow up on “my” topics.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.