Changing width of (right) sidebar on start page ?

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Changing width of (right) sidebar on start page ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am generally fine with the width of the right sidebar.
    However, I am wondering whether there is a chance to increase the width of the sidebar only for the start page.

Reason is that I have some “widgets” there which require more space for an perfect display.

What can I do to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,
    Marcus

Sushil Adhikari

The only way I can think of is to duplicate the page.php and name it as a page template and put that into “page-templates” folder. Make sure you follow the WordPress page template standards (refer to their documentation for making templates. Open one of the theme’s templates and at the top, look at how the “Template Name: ” part was done (this is important so it shows up in the page templates list).

You would then have to change the classes of both the main content and sidebar containers:

span8 to be span7
    span4 to be span5

This would increase your right sidebar and decrease the main content column. Then for the page in question, use your new template for the page you need it for.

I’m a bit late, sorry.
    Just want to let you know that this works exactly as I needed it. Thanks a lot!

I have created a special template for my start page (frontpage-wide-right-column.phpspan6” each.
    Inside this template, I replaced one of the calls to get_template_part( ‘content’, ‘frontpage’ );[/i] from the and I placed it before the two columns in the frontpage-wide-right-column.php.
    ==> Result is that the page title is now in full width above the two “span6” columns.

Again, thank you for the hint!

Regards,
    Marcus

Sushil Adhikari

Awesome…good to hear it worked. The info you also posted will help others too if they have something similar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.