create a page with all blog posts

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Celestial (Celestial Reloaded) create a page with all blog posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi

I’m trying to create a page which shows all the blog posts but don’t want it to be the homepage.

What settings do I need to choose to do that?

Thanks
    Christine

Sushil Adhikari

You mean you do not want the front page to be the blog displaying posts? IF so, you will need to do what is called a “Static Front Page”

https://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Static_Front_Page

yes I’ve done that which works

I do however want to have another page called ‘Blog’ on my site that has all the posts on it. what template do I need to choose for that?

new.professormichaelfitzgerald.eu is the website

thanks

Sushil Adhikari

How WordPress works is that when you do the static front page and create the second page for the blog, you don’t select any template for that because WP will ignore your setting. To get a different layout, the theme has to have that coded into the theme options, which Celestial Reloaded has the option to use a left sidebar layout instead of the default right sidebar. I’m going to assume you did create a blog page when you did the static front page then set these by going to your Settings >> Reading

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say..

are you saying it’s not possible?

For the static homepage I used the page layout widgets like you have on your demosite.

Sushil Adhikari

Perhaps I’m misunderstanding what you are wanting to do….if I understand correctly, you want to choose a template for your blog layout?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.