Customizer not showing up to access

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preferential Customizer not showing up to access

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    designteam
    Participant

The Customizer is not available anymore in Preferential version 1.2.3. I tried other themes and they are working correctly…is there an update to make this work again? I don’t know if that is helpful or not, but I recently updated to Word Press 4.5. …I did send you an email with the link to the page yesterday but have had no response.

I hope you can help with this issue
    Thank you for your time.

Ozzie Ozkay-Villa
    Participant

Same for me. Glad I’m not the only one! I was about to pay my developer to look in the backend for bugs and such!!

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Ozzie Ozkay-Villa,Delma Palmer

We are really sorry for the inconvenience, we will soon released the latest version of preferential fixing the customizer issue

We hope you will cooperate with us.

Thanks

Ozzie Ozkay-Villa
    Participant

Thank you, we are waiting.

Sushil Adhikari

Hi there,

We had released the newest version of Preferential, so we request you to update your theme to latest version.

Here in the tutorial we have take flat responsive as an example, you can applied same for your theme.
    https://www.styledthemes.com/wordpress-tutorials/410…ling-updating-themes

If you got any problems on this please don’t hesitate to reach back out to us. We will be more than glad to assist you

Note: Please take a backup of your site before proceeding so you will be in position to take action when disaster strikes.
    . Normally we use duplicator plugin to make a backup.https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

Here is the video tutorials how to use duplicator and save it to your local computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvOGV2eIjE

Let us know if you got any problems on this.

Thanks

Ozzie Ozkay-Villa
    Participant

Thanks so much for your prompt fix! Will this override any custom coding I have? I will backup anyway but just curious. And should I update the master theme before updating the child theme? Or can I just update preferential straight away?

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Ozzie Ozkay-Villa,

On updating parent theme , all your custom changes that is done on core file ie parent preferential will be overwritten by newest version. We didn’t have made any changes on child theme so you needn’t have to bother on updating child theme. It is always better to update parent theme first than child theme.

Hope this clarifies your doubt if not please let us know, we will more than glad to assist you.

Thanks

designteam
    Participant

The upgrade works perfectly!…thank you for correcting this! This is such a nice theme to work with, the options available are phenomenal! Hopefully some of your next themes will accommodate as many options.

Again Thank you Sushil!

Ozzie Ozkay-Villa
    Participant

So my custom coding will not work anymore? I’m worried now…

designteam
    Participant

Ozie if you upgrade to the new version 1.2.4 you shouldn’t need to update to the new child theme. Leave that one alone and upload the preferential theme only, “not the child theme”. This will leave your current Child CSS alone.

If you have changed any of the PHP files then yes they will be overwritten with this update.

If this has been your concern maybe this will be helpful to you?

Always be safe with a backup of your current Preferrential and Preferrential Child theme first just in case of any problems you can revert back to that one.

Delma

Sushil Adhikari

That’s perfect Delma Palmer, thank you for your explanation.

@Ozzie Ozkay-Villa We hope Delma have clarifies your issue , if still you have confusion than please feels free to ask a question , we will be happy to make you guys feels comfortable and happy too

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.