dropdown main menu too much on the left Encounters

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters dropdown main menu too much on the left Encounters

This topic contains 19 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Prisca 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Prisca
    Participant

Hello and Happy New Year!

For some reason with the latest update I cannot move the dropdown below the menu – I always managed to do that before with older version in the css.

Please can you tell me how to move the dropdown menu exactly below the main link instead of so much on the left in the latest version of Encounters?

Thank you so much 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Happy New year too! I need a site link to check this out…thanks.

Prisca
    Participant

http://woodinco.info

Thank you 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the link…. now for the bad news…..it appears you did a major change of the menu location and layout structure, but I also looked at the source code and if I’m not mistaken, you have the menu containers in an advanced text widget and published in the Banner widget position. Because of this, it changes how the menu functions with your drop down but also any css styling. I won’t really be able to help you out on this one because of the amount of customization you did as it’s not the original setup, which is what support covers only. With minor custom changes it would be ok, but this one looks like you did a fair amount of change.

If your issue is related to the submenu position, you will need to adjust the menu css for the submenu level relating to the

selector for the “right” positioning around line 111 for the menu styling. It’s currently -2px.

Prisca
    Participant

I so love your themes but the menu is the only thing I always need to change because I ike large headers which go all across. That’s why I have to push the menu below.

I put the menu back in the header and removed it in the widget. Now whatever I do with the -2 it just does not move the dropdown to the right.

Any advice?

May be one day in your future updates you could put options for menu positioning so we are not stuck with the menu on the right of the logo..just asking .. 🙂

Thank you

Sushil Adhikari

It should have worked because I actually tried it locally…try something like -30px

As for menu positioning, I’m actually doing that with my next theme Circumference which will have the top right but also a bottom centered position available. I know some people have moved the menu, but it’s something that should be done carefully because there’s recoding involved. You could also use a menu plugin and create a container below as you had but put the menu code in that container.

Prisca
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help – now my client wants the menu above the banner and below the logo so I have to redo it..arrggrrr..

Any suggestion for the menu plugin? What would be the best one?

Thank you again for your fast help. I appreciate it 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Tell you what… give me a couple days and I can add a new menu location for the top header below the logo and use that as an added feature.

Prisca
    Participant

Oh!!! Fantastic! Can you make it 100%? You can see what I did but it does not go wider than the logo so I had to remove some top links.

Thank you so much. That will calm my headaches..haha.

Thanks again – pleasure working with you 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

I have a new version of Encounters that now offers a secondary menu location in the top header area below the logo for sites that needs the full width for menus. This one is also coded for mobile responsive viewing. If you are interested in giving it a try, contact me via Email Support and I can send you a beta copy of it before I make it available to everyone. I also did some other minor adjustments as well with the theme.

Prisca
    Participant

Hello

Thank you so much f – for some reason I did not receive notification of your reply. Will send you an email asap so you can send me the new menu system – beta copy.

Thanks again 🙂

Ooh this sounds like something I would like too! Looking forward to the update (how do I get updates by the way?)

Sushil Adhikari

@prisca and @Dorothy
    The theme is actually uploaded from before so it should be version 1.6.7 that now includes the Secondary menu location. These are the changes I made to this version:

1. Added a second main menu location below the logo (full width menu)
    2. Recoded the menu to accommodate the second menu option
    3. Made the logo container larger when using secondary menu (full width) for larger logos
    4. Adjusted the top logo positioning when in mobile view
    5. Made some adjustments when to convert the menu to a mobile view
    6. Updated the encounters.pot language file

You should be able to download it with the original download link emailed at time of purchase, or if you have a Theme Membership, you can click on the “Downloads” menu link at the top. IF you did this and it’s not version 1.6.7, please let me know.

Update…oops. Doesn’t look like I uploaded it. I will do that now.

Prisca
    Participant

Hello Andre

The latest I have in my downloads is (Encounters) 1.5.7 I have a full membership.

Thanks 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

All done… uploaded.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.