Encounters – not responsive with new package?

Home Forums Main Forum General Topics Encounters – not responsive with new package?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Prisca
    Participant

Hello

I have a weird thing happened: I showed a client his new draft – he has a 2500 resolution ..crazy I know – The site looks minuscule – fonts images and all – it seems normally responsive when I make the window narrow like a mobile but the normal wide screen is ridiculous.

I opened other sites I have with Encounters and they all enlarge normally even with 2500 res. ONly his is getting so tiny.

The site – draft – is:
    http://didonatoarchitects.com/DiDonato-Architects-Maine/

That’s your new package with the menu (THANK YOU FOR THAT!!!) below the logo.

Did I screw up something?

Thank you so much for your help 🙂

Cheers, Prisca

Sushil Adhikari

Prisca is calling me crazy everyone!!! :silly:
    I have a 27″ monitor at 2560 resolution too…lol

Anyway, back to serious….sites will look smaller on that resolution and will change based on what a user has their monitor set at; sometimes tiny and sometimes big. Most people don’t have that kind of resolution except gamers and designers. The other thing that will affect size is the dot pitch of the screen as well as monitor size too. So my question to you is….how does it look on your monitor instead of his?

One of the challenges (which is really in vain) is designing websites that will be seen on a wide gamut of screens because of resolutions, dot pitch, type of panel the monitor is using, and some other things too.

Prisca
    Participant

Oh..I am sorry..haha.. I still think that’s a crazy res!

When I was on his computer my other sites would look exactly the same size that I see it on my computer – when I go to his draft..minuscule. Now of course if I minimize my res (control and mouse roll down) they all get smaller but..I am sorry – don’t know how to explain better – I opened another draft: woodinco.info and it opened big/normal on his 2500 res monitor like on my computer. So somewhere here is a difference – no doubt. Not sure I understand which one but here is one for sure. I also opened my own business website (theportwebdesign.com) and it also opened big on his monitor like on mine.

Just his site opens tiny.

I know it’s weird…hard to explain.

But hey I did not call you crazy!!!

Sushil Adhikari

can you post a link to a site that is (normal) in size? I will put both side by side on my monitor. If it’s the same theme and version, it won’t be the theme then, but you have my curiosity.

Prisca
    Participant

Ok – the weird tiny 2500 res is this one:

A normal one that shows big on 2500 res is (another draft) http://www.woodinco.info

My own that show big also http://www.theportwebdesign.com

Have fun 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

I had each site side by side in three separate windows, but I do not see any differences (see the screenshot below). What specifically is different that can be compared?

I even tried the comparison in Firefox, IE, Safari, and Opera, but I still get a consistent size across each. The thing to do is look at the one site you say is tiny, in another monitor(s) and see if it’s isolated to just the one.
    sizes.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Prisca
    Participant

ah…that’s very weird. Is there some type of configuration that my client would have to do on his computer or monitor so he can see it the same way? Because I can tell you the content (container) for didonato was tiny – and the container for the 2 other site were as wide as his screen. I sure don’t understand such a difference and you don’t have that difference with the same res..

The thing is he may have a different set up but if I come back to the 2 other sites they show normal but his does not so I don’t even know if it is his settings.

Very very weird….

Thank you so much for your time 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Not sure… but I do believe you when you say it’s tiny, but it must have something to do with his monitor or browser settings, or something. Again, view the site where you seen the tiny content on a different monitor and if it looks correct, then you know it’s unique to his settings (however he has them set and to what).

Isn’t web site design fun! :side:

Prisca
    Participant

Haha…you got that right!! A lot of fun! After 12 years I am still learning every single day. Tat’s probably why we love it though. So challenging 🙂

BTW all those 3 are the same new package so that’s not your package!

If you have an eureka moment please make sure to share it.

Thank you so much again for your time – Have a great evening 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Right now I’m hoping for that “Eureka” moment with the new theme I am working on…I’ve run into one of those challenging things.
    Anyway, you’re welcome with the time…I wanted to make sure there was no bug in the theme. Coffee time for me now and dinner!

Prisca
    Participant

Can’t wait for the new theme so I wish you a soon Eureka 🙂

Thanks again.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.