Error using Posts

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Engeroff
    Participant

Hello,

first: congrats to the new Theme. I will try to promote it 🙂

But I have another issue using “Celestial Reloaded”.

When publishing a post with the template “Kurzmitteilung” (Short notice? The second entry in the list.) the text shows an error at the bottom:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function celestial_entry_meta() in /homepages/2/d188222641/htdocs/Inhalt/HomepageErdbeerland/wp-content/themes/celestial/content-aside.php on line 22

I am using a child theme of Celestial Reloaded , Version 2.5.3

Please check, whats wrong.

Thank you
    Tom

Sushil Adhikari

This is where you can edit the parent theme file content-aside.php and around line 22, take this line out:

When I do an update for Celestial Reloaded, I will fix that part.

If you wish to do this in the child theme, then you would copy that file and upload it to your child theme (where you see the child theme’s style.css file) and then make that change.

Thomas Engeroff
    Participant

Thank you. Its working.

I`ve chosen the “child-theme”-alternative.

Sushil Adhikari

Good choice… after I posted that I was thinking I should edit that and to just use the child theme method.

Terry Hale

Hi Andre,

I am also getting this error on a post:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function celestial_entry_meta() in /home/weldon8/public_html/wp-content/themes/celestial/content-aside.php on line 22

I am using a child theme of Celestial Reloaded 2.6.5.

Do I need to delete that function call like you told the other poster? Let me know what other information you might need! 🙂

Thanks!

Terry Hale

OK, I did some digging and found out the scenario that causes the error.

I used Chrome’s “Inspect Element” feature and discovered that the post was styled as an aside. I did that trying to format just a small section of the post, but the editor formats the whole post as whatever (standard, aside, status, etc) format you select, instead of what is highlighted.

I changed the format back to “Standard” and the error is gone – all the page is generated properly.

I need to check your video list to see how to format sections of a post, since the editor does not display available theme options in the “Format” menu.

Hopefully this might help you on the next revision of Reloaded! I am really enjoying this theme, and can’t wait to explore the others. 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

Yup…take that line out. The problem is that it’s looking for that function in the functions.php file but it doesn’t exist.

Regarding Celestial Reloaded, I am planning to do a very big update to the theme, but I have to figure out when because what I want to do is going to take a lot of work. I also have to make sure whatever changes I make, that it won’t destroy peoples websites; there are so many using this theme. It’s been a very popular theme since I launched it and even the free version (less features) has over 133,000 downloads.

One of the things I am planning to do is change the curved showcase graphic from a static image to CSS 3. This would make it much easier for changing the colour of it if anyone changes their content background colour, plus it would make it adaptable to different window sizes. I would also like to update the Bootstrap responsive structure to version 3 (this would be the difficult part). In a way, this theme seems to have become a signature theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.