Front page Heading

This topic contains 5 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Stephanie Lanzetti 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello.

I am wanting to put some text on my front (static) page like you do in your demo.. I am using the “Page with widgets” template, but I can’t work out how to get it up there or where to place it?

(my wesite is http://in-my-backyard.net) please excuse; still a work in project.. just still finding out what everything does.

cheers

Stephanie

Sushil Adhikari

Each one is in a widget position named Top 1, Top 2, Top 3, and Top 4, respectively. So for each of yours, add each to the positions noted. But it looks like you discovered that?

Hi

The issue I am having is that I am i can’t get my text to sit like yours (heading and the text paragraph). Mine just keeps sitting in the column.

Stephanie

Sushil Adhikari

You’re wanting it to look just like the demo site? Here’s a snippet from the first widget on the front page:

responsive

Fully Responsive

Celestial is a fully responsive WordPress theme for you to enjoy viewing your website in your favourite mobile device. I've incorporated the popular Twitter Bootstrap framework to give you more flexibility whether you are on a desktop or an iPhone.

For your’s, it looks like you did not add the

tag for the heading.

Hi

Sorry, I was referring to the text above the 4 images, “From Blogs to Business Websites” etc. Just wondering how I get text above the pictures.

cheers

Stephanie

Sushil Adhikari

oh that… that’s the Call to Action widget position. I used a text widget for it with the widget title as the first heading and the content below it is:

Created for your blog or business website, Celestial is a gorgeous theme that is fully responsive using Twitter's Bootstrap framework for your favourite mobile device like iPhone, Android, iPad, and more!

In the original theme download, there should be an extras folder and inside that is a call to action snippet of code in a txt file. But the above is basically what it contains.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.