Front Page Image Widgets

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Front Page Image Widgets

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Sushil Adhikari

@Angela….no worries, I’m always happy to help out. The template drop down list will show on the right side column of your page editor. So when you create a new page or open up an existing on, you will see this in the right side column.

Regarding your front page doesn’t have a home, blog, sample page….not sure what you mean by this, but are you trying to turn your front page into a static front page (as WordPress calls it) and to have your blog further in your site?

Side note: I will start making new updated video tutorials for this theme tomorrow.

Angela

Hi, great to hear from you. Ok this is what I’ve done just now – I’ve added a home, blog and about me page. I’ve added my previous content to the about me and blog. What I really want is my site to have the same layout as the demo. ie the home page with the main header a brief text then the 4 boxes which would be categorized ? yes ? and under there in the dark area recent post extracts etc. I like the blog layout in the demo with the small image and extract – what do i select for those pages in the template drop down. I have checked that my home page is static. I selected the all widgets for the home page but only have a “blog” large image instead of the 4 boxes. thanks

Angela

Hi again, I’ve worked out how to add the 4 boxes (widgets) – how do I edit them with my own txt and image – also what is the image size? I’m assuming the lower part has got to do with sliding those widgets over ?

Sushil Adhikari

If you are adding them into their own text widget, here is a snippet from the demo site you can use as a guideline template where you can simply change the content to your own. Then repeat for each one you add to a new widget. The image I used is 270 x 185 pixels (if you are doing 4 widgets).

Exceptional Good Looks

Encounters is simply great in every way possible. Whether you are running a blog or a professional business website, you will look absolutely stunning!

By the way, when you title your widgets, the title will show on the top, but to hide the title from the front-end of the site, use a plugin called “Remove Widget Titles”. When activated, all you do if you want to hide a widget title, is put an exclamation mark before the title in the title field. Like this: !My Title

Angela

hi, when I go to replace the image with my own do I use the entire link as created in wordpress media library ?

Sushil Adhikari

It will be the File URL, found when you open an image to edit (in the upper right corner of the edit page).

Angela

Hi, thanks I was using the hyperlink code. One more thing – I would like my visitors to be able to click onto these widgets and be directed to certain categories – how can this be done ? Thanks

Sushil Adhikari

You can with linking the image or make a text link but add a class to the link part as “btn” which turns it into a button.

Angela

Hi, wow I dont understand that – do you have a link I can use and how do i do it?

Sushil Adhikari

Like this:

Button Text

Basically that code of mine above would be:

Exceptional Good Looks

Encounters is simply great in every way possible. Whether you are running a blog or a professional business website, you will look absolutely stunning!

Button Text

Angela

Hi, thanks for the code its great and my links work but now the widgets are all over the place – not lined up as before ? Suggestions ? Thanks

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Angela….first, this topic was becoming different from the original post so I had to move your topic to a new posting. Also, It’s 1030pm for me right now and very very tired so I will come back to this tomorrow. But to start, please provide me with a link to your site so I can check out what is happening. Thanks.

Angela

Hi, i fixed it had one too many thanks

Sushil Adhikari

Ah…that will definitely do it. Sometimes even missing a single quote in the code can cause problems. But glad you found it.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.