Google+ social networking attribute for business

Home Forums Main Forum Theme Suggestion Box Google+ social networking attribute for business

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Terry Hale

To repeat what I put on Facebook so it’ll be in the right place:

To link a business Google+ page to a business website, Google asks that you add your Google+ URL to your website somewhere within the tag.

Celestial (and I guess other themes) allow that, but they want a rel=”publisher” attribute in the link.

For example, mine:

I found where the link is generated in header.php, so copied it to the child theme and made the mod. I was thinking it would be nice to have a checkbox in the Social Networking area of the customizer for ‘Add rel=”publisher” for Google My Business’, since you seem to be good about business themes and social networking.

So, maybe like:

Google+
    http://google.com/+MizagornInk
    *checkbox* Add rel=”publisher” link attribute for Google My Business

I just got a custom G+ link, so that’s why my 1st example does not match the 2nd lol

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the suggestion….I made a note to add this to social icon codes so that an extra social networking option setting isn’t needed. As I mentioned on Facebook, this is a good suggestion because then users won’t have to use the child theme just for that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.