header

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    designteam
    Participant

I am using the boxed medium format and the header is moving to the right of the page not centered and it cuts off the header. I have tried many scenarios to get it to work properly even removing the header all together and using only widgetkit and when I try using only the header then the height isn’t maintained… Can you help with this issue?

Thanks!

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Delma…do you have a link to the page this is showing?
    As for the header height not being maintained, I used the WP Header feature for the background of the banner area. The height is done from the style.css with a min-height so that it shows a little of the background on every page and will adjust in height based on whatever banner or slider is put into the Banner widget position (which sits where the header background is).

designteam
    Participant

What you will see is the minimum height is too narrow so it cuts off the logo…

Take a look and you will see what it looks like using only the header. If I place widgetkit without the banner than it stays to the right of the page cutting off the banner. If you want to see that as well than let me know…

Increasing the minimum height may fix this feature?

Thanks for your quick response!

designteam
    Participant

Problem solved! Thanks to your magic!!! It was the css, couldn’t have found it without your help…

Thank you so much.

You do fabulous work!

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the link.

First thing…your page background. When you upload your page background, set the horizontal position as “center’ and this will keep your hockey background centered.

For the height of the Banner background, you mentioned it’s too small in height. To change this, you will have to install/activate the child theme for Circumference so you can make some modifications. This allows you to get updates to the theme without losing your modifications. The other option is to use a plugin that lets you edit CSS. The height is adjusted to by this:

#cir-banner {
    min-height: 2.5em;
    background-color: #7FAAB5;
    background-position: center;
    }

So you would have to add your custom changes such as:

#cir-banner {
    min-height: 2.5em;
    }

However, when I looked at your red Casper hockey banner, I think it’s best to use the Banner widget position for this one which will show up on every page (or select pages) and not as the banner background image (using the WP header feature). This way, you get a true height and width of your banner image that will also be responsive. You would get the file URL of your banner image and use html in a text widget to load the image….or an image plugin widget like someone used the other day: http://wordpress.org/plugins/banner-upload/

designteam
    Participant

Well I did as you said, and used the banner widget and now the Banner is too far to the right. I do have it on the site now so you can see it. All styles are centered… Take a look and see what you think?

Sushil Adhikari

Don’t use the slideshow for a single image… for html, use a text widget like this:

description

Or use for example, that banner upload plugin I mentioned (no html needed).

designteam
    Participant

Thanks so much!!!

Sushil Adhikari

Your welcome… although you may want to confirm the file url for the image because it shows as a broken image. That path turns out to be incorrect so I guess the correct one is this:

http://xxxxxxxx.png

designteam
    Participant

Yes that is the correct path…Thanks again!!!

designteam
    Participant

I didn’t think of it before, but would you please remove the links? Thanks you…

Sushil Adhikari

Done

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.