IE8 support for Preference Pro

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference IE8 support for Preference Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I read in the WordPress support forum for Preference Lite, that you are no longer supporting IE8. But, in the thread I was reading, it sounded like you were able to get the user up and running with it after making an update to the theme. Is there any chance I could get the same, or similiar update for my Preference Pro? The thread I was reading is located here.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/ie8-2?replies=14

Unfortunately, most of the people who will be visiting my site are not computer literate and it is doubtful that they would have upgraded any software on the their computer, much less their version of IE. So, I need to get my site working under IE8 as best as possible.

The site is currently located at pvda.gaitexpectations.com, but only the home page comes up right now. If you try to navigate to other pages, you will get an error. I have made a lot of customizations to your theme in my child theme folder.

And BTW, what happened to the Preference Pro forum? I could not find it. It did not show up as an option?

Thanks,
    Valerie

Sushil Adhikari

It took a bit of effort but managed to get the Lite version working in ie8. The Preference theme (pro version) should have this already. I just looked at what version you are on which is 1.4.7. Preference is now 1.5.0 and would recommend you update your parent theme with the new one which should give you a better ie8 compatible website.

As for the Preference Pro forum…it’s actually “Preference” which is where I moved this topic to,

Cheers!

Thanks for replying, I didn’t know the parent theme had been updated. How did I miss it? For future reference, how do I find out when there are updates available for the parent theme? And in particular which parent theme files should I pay close attention too? If I still have trouble after updating the theme, I want to be able to double check and see if I have customized any of those files in my child theme.

I was not able to post my original message in the “Preference” area because I could not find any option to do so”. The only options presented to me were related to the general forum and the Celestial theme forum.

Thanks,
    Valerie

Sushil Adhikari

I now have an update blog category (top menu “Updates” that you can check, also follow my facebook, twitter, or google+ pages. As for updating files, you would basically upload and replace all your theme files with the new ones (eg: Preference update…you update and overwrite all the Preference theme files with the new ones). For which files get updated, I haven’t done a good job of listing specifically what files, but I will begin doing that within the Changelog.txt file that comes with the theme files.

I’m not sure what you mean by the last issue you encountered about the forum categories…you made this post in the Preference one, but do you not have access to the other categories?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.