Is it possible to change the portfolio slug?

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Celestial (Celestial Reloaded) Is it possible to change the portfolio slug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Trine Handskemager
    Participant

I have been using the portfolio menu to create a list of different sightseeings in Sri Lanka, sorted in categories.
    I would now like the menu to say ‘Points of interest:’ instead of ‘Portfolio Categories:’, or just simply just no text. Is that possible?
    Or is there a better way to make this page, which you can see here: http://www.fernandotours.org/category/portfolio/

Another thing is, that there are spaces between some of the posts. How do I get rid of them?

Sushil Adhikari

I never thought about the Portfolio Categories label being able to get changed…good idea though to add this as a new theme setting. The only way unfortunately at this time is to modify the category.php file (which should be done in a child theme). But basically you would be changing this line of code:

For the spaces question, do you mean on the portfolio page with the big gaps of space?

Trine Handskemager
    Participant

Thanks for a quick reply.
    The category.php file did the trick. The url is still the same, but I can live with that.

And yes, I mean the portfolio page with the big gaps of space between the posts.

Sushil Adhikari

The gap showing is due to the unevenness of the posted items in height. Not your fault though because of how this was coded. Unfortunately the only way to solve it is to use the same size thumbnails for each, plus have the same number of intro content lines so that each item is the same height. When one is a bit longer (taller) than the other, the next row gets obscured.

Starting Monday, I will be rebuilding the Preference theme from the ground up and the portfolio is going to be a much better one.

Trine Handskemager
    Participant

So maybe a ‘more’ tag can solve this..

Sounds good with an even better portfolio. Hope there will be an update for Celestial Reloaded as well 🙂

Sushil Adhikari

I just realized I said about the Preference theme when this is the Celestial forum, lol oops (I seriously need a vacation). But I will be doing an update for Celestial Reloaded as well, including the Portfolio. In fact, all this month I am dedicating time to updating my previous (older themes) and the portfolio is one item I am rebuilding and going to try it as a plugin. But the style and layout will be fixed for sure.

First thing you will want to make sure that each item post has a thumbnail that is the same size, plus, an intro part, so if you have some without content, this could cause the layout issues.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.