Is there a way to have several section 100%?

Home Forums Main Forum General Topics Is there a way to have several section 100%?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Prisca
    Participant

Hello

I dream of a design like Divi – I am a member there but each time I try to work with their themes I end up pulling my hair out and give up. Drives me nuts for a lot of reasons.

I am so used to yours. BUT the new style of design is really so beautiful – like Divi – Salient (Themeforest allows you to use the theme only ONCE!!! That’s a bummer for us professional) . I want to be able to do that with yours. I also tested the Sevenfold at Tesla theme – same idea – MAJOR problem there is that all is done with shortcodes so no way I can give that to a client to edit. Yours are so perfect and so easy to customize!

Bottom line is: I ABSOLUTELY want to stick with you guys but I am stuck – I really really want this type of design I mentioned above – at least for the homepage – no builder – no shortcode because both are impossible to pass to a not too savvy client who wants to edit themselves.. Just the same way you build yours but with the option to add several 100 sections with background. And of course fully responsive.

Also very important: sticky menu. That’s the latest trend also but it is getting very important. I use Noo menu on one of your themes but it is still a bit dangerous and does not work with js and css cache.

Here I said it!!! Please don’t hate me ..haha..

Thanks for listening 🙂

Cheers.

Prisca
    Participant

Sorry – I meant 100% section..ahhggrr..

Sushil Adhikari

OMG you mentioned competition 👿
    lol 😛 anyway, I am familiar with the Divi theme and do find it too complex for most users. I know they tried to get the theme to be like theme forest themes (which all look the same). There is always a problem with adding too much to a theme when being developed because the more you put in, the more chances something will go wrong. Updating these themes are an absolute nightmare too. The background sections relates more to a parallax theme which does have limitations, but can be done in other ways (that I am looking into).

With that being said, and your hints of functionality, not to worry because I will be doing similar features where you can have 100% width based sections, as well a fixed main menu as one scrolls. It will depend on the theme I create though of course. What you are hinting at is being planned for my next theme that I will be starting in October…as soon as I complete this next one later this month.

Prisca
    Participant

Yes I did!!! I know that was a bit dangerous and I was afraid you would be upset – sorry – but I also made sure everybody knows that YOURS are the absolute best for the coding – easiness to customize – nothing hidden – very very clean which is not at all the case for the 2 or 3 I mentioned above. And I designed a bunch of sites so I know what I am talking about – also Divi has major problem with iPhone – not good for responsive – breaks on several small device – so you see – you ARE the best 🙂

Anywho – any tips earlier for the 100% sections for homepage so I could add that to my new projects?

Can’t wait for your new themes 🙂

Thanks a lot for your reply! And I apologize if I offended you…

Cheers

Sushil Adhikari

No worries on mentioning competitors… it’s not like they are secret and hidden from Google search. In fact, theme sites are pretty much in a friendly competitive realm. Everyone has advantages and disadvantages and it gives the end-user more options to choose a theme of what works best for their needs.

Regarding the “100% sections” you mentioned, this is actually done from a plugin level and generally is associated with page builder plugins. I am in the works with a developer of a very popular one which has this capability, including doing solid background colours, image backgrounds, and even video backgrounds.

The other type of 100% section is associated with Parallax websites where you scroll a page and sections with images in the background scrolls behind.

Which method were you referring to, the static sections or the parallax scrolling type?

Prisca
    Participant

Hello and thank you so much for your kindness 🙂

The parallax could wait if it is complicated – in the meantime I would love to be able to do one or 2 100% sections down the page (with slideshow at top as usual) – then may be few boxes and call to action and then one 100% section with option to put a background image or color – then the rest of the page and the footer with widget. The same than yours actually but with say 2 100% sections added in the middle of the page.. Don’t need to scroll for now.

That would be a great start.

Thank you so much 🙂

Cheers.

Sushil Adhikari

The ability to do that right now with my existing themes is not possible (with exception of two possible themes) because of the type of coding that would be required. Unfortunately you will have to wait for a theme to have that ability, or a plugin that has that ability. It’s actually a complex thing to achieve.

I do have Circumference and Preferential that has a page template for a page builder that you can do this with, but you would need a page builder plugin installed that has a section module built-in to achieve that. I think the Site Origin page builder plugin has that ability.

Prisca
    Participant

Thank you so very much – I will try that. Keep up the good work. Can’t wait for your next themes 🙂

Cheers.

Prisca
    Participant

Hello

Me again – just in case you got bored on a Sunday..hahha..

I tested Site Origin page builder plugin with Circumference – no joy here – I tested the same theme with WPBakery Visual Composer (bought it a while ago) – no joy either to do a 100% section in the middle of the page.

Then I inserted one layerslider in the middle of the page..Bingo!!!

I then inserted a second revolution slider below some text – Bingo again.

Conclusion: if you could pick the way layerslider and rev slider insert 100% sliders in the middle of your container then we are good to go.

And for now I can do just one slide with some text and a background or color of my choice. No builder wording in the code – just their way to add a full width section inside your container. We need that secret lotion 🙂

Please see attached – don’t mind the mess – that’s just a test.

Voila.

Cheers
    screen-sliders-100percent.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

Did you use a page with the page template for a page builder? What wasn’t working when you tried it….was working but didn’t go 100% in width? I think I know why because the page template has a container in it:

That keeps the content in a boxed content wrapper, but removing that structure will give 100% width.

Prisca
    Participant

Yes I did. I set it up to page builder but it did not go full width like the sliders. Just stayed inside your container.

You mean removing the container itself? I mean putting your body container in 100%?

Sorry – I don’t think I understand correctly..

Prisca
    Participant

Have a great Sunday evening! Have to go. Sorry for being such a pain..

Cheers 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.