Limit on number of submenus?

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Limit on number of submenus?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bob Deaver
    Participant

Is there a limit on the number of submenus/dropdowns you can have? Anything beyond 12 just sends me to an error page rather than the correct page.

Sushil Adhikari

Are you referring to menu items (links) or sub levels? Also, do you have a link to show what you are referring to?

Bob Deaver
    Participant

I guess I mean sub levels…not the top menu items, but the list that drops down with links to other pages. No, I don’t have a link, since the site is not live yet. Thanks for any ideas.

Sushil Adhikari

There shouldn’t be a limit, although if you have 12 sub levels, this is beyond what any standard menu should have. For a large menu groups such as 12 levels, it’s best to switch to mega menu type plugin that let’s you have large and complex menu requirements. I just did a test with a local setup of Encounters and only did 6 levels, but as you can see, they stretch way out to the left, so anything more than 4 levels at most should use a plugin instead….although you will probably lose theme styling.

Why do you need so many sub levels?

submenus.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Deaver
    Participant

I may switch to the plugin you suggested or reduce my number of sub levels. The numerous sub levels are a result of the many categories of products I sell. Thanks.

Sushil Adhikari

If you decide to use a plugin, there are many mega menu plugins available out there, both free and paid…the paid ones will (or should) offer full support if you need it, so that is something to consider doing.

Bob Deaver
    Participant

Thanks for your help. Somehow, two of the sub levels were linking to bad permalinks. I deleted them from the menu and put new pages back in, and all is well. So, no issues with any limits. Thanks. I’m all set.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.