logo section to small

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Circumference logo section to small

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Hans

My logo section is to small for my business-name
    What is the way tot modify this section?

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Hans…. you have a couple options:

1. you can modify the theme files (best to use a child theme for any theme modifications you make)
    2. change your main menu from the Primary location to the Secondary which is below the logo and full width

Option 1 is more work involved and means modifying the theme files, but it also means if you make the logo container wider, your menu has to be smaller in width at the same time.

Option 2 gives you more space for logos or titles that are large.

Which option do you want to do?

Hans

Thanks,
    My menu is very small, so option 1 will do for me

Sushil Adhikari

Then you will need to install the child theme for Circumference and activate it. Using a child theme allows you to make modifications to theme files and being able to update the theme without losing your modifications. When you activate the child theme, you will have to redo your theme option settings because WordPress will see this as a new theme activation.

When you done this, you will need to upload a copy of this file ( header.php ) to your child theme and put it in the same place as the parent theme (Circumference) which is where the style.css is seen.

Look for this class: col-md-5 and change it to col-md-6 (or if you need it bigger still, col-md-7)

Then look for this class: col-md-7 and change this to col-md-6

The first one col-md-5 is your logo container and the col-md-7 is your menu container.

This theme is built on a 12 column grid (12 columns wide). So if you add width to one, you have to take away from the other if it sits beside it. Both containers side-by-side need to total 12. So for the default setup:

col-md-5 + col-md-7 = 12

So if you want the logo to be col-md-6, then it would be like this:

col-md-6 + col-md-6 = 12
    Hans

Thanks !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.