LOst content in Home Page

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference LOst content in Home Page

This topic contains 7 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Dr. Eddie Sanders, Jr 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

NOt sure what happened, but I lost all the content in my “Home” page. Had a slideshow Banner using advanced text. Now I can’t locate the “Home” page to edit and replace materials

Sushil Adhikari

Questions:

1. When was it there and when did it disappear?
    2. Were you doing something that might have caused it to go?
    3. Are you able to backtrack and reverse what you did?

I was installing contact form7, but had sending problems. Went to JetPack and create a form. deactivated maintance plugin, reviewed site and “Home” page appeared in blank form. When I go to my slideshow, all slides are there. Can’t get to “Home” page to reconstruct

Sushil Adhikari

That sounds more like a WordPress issue somewhere. You may want to post that issue in the wordpress.org support forums, but also do a search to see if anyone else experienced that phenomenon. Other than that, you may want to check that your home page is actually there in the dashboard “Pages” manager, then check your Settings >> Reading, and make sure that your Static front page is set to the correct home page and the posts for the blog page. Curious though, what is your site link?

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the link….I don’t know what your front page was before, but you may have to rebuild/redo what you did originally when you setup your front page. But I would still present your issue to the wordpress forums and see if others experienced a sudden loss of their front page.

I would also recommend checking out some form of backup plugin, or perhaps check out VaultPress (which I know is accessible via JetPack). It’s worth checking into that.

Resolved by recreating navigation menu and making it primary. Now my “Home” page navigation font are not the same as the rest of my pages – Alex Brush

Sushil Adhikari

Not sure what you mean by your “Home” page navigation font are not the same as the rest of your pages?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.