MailChimp messes up bottom nav

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference MailChimp messes up bottom nav

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roland

Andre:

I know this is a theme issue, it’s MailChimp, but I’m wondering if you’ve ever run into the issue where the Lower Nav and Copyright are shoved to the left (See: http://kimmarkscoaching.com/)

I’ve checked the page with Firebug and the CSS of that region still says “Center” even though the result is not.

Any thoughts?

~R

Sushil Adhikari

Something is broken in your site’s code some where…it was the first thing that I noticed when I went to your site. The really hard part is to find out what and can be quite time consuming. I would first recommend disabling mailchimp and seeing what happens, then disable other plugins one at a time. It could even be your own content that is missing as simple as a closing tag or even a missing quote on a piece of code or style….could be one of many things.

Did you make any core theme file layout changes? I could tell the layout is broken because the containers are doubled up and showing outer glow when it should just be the one container.

broken-layout.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Roland

Oh it is definitely the MailChimp code. I’m not even using their widget. I just copied the source code of the opt-in design, stripped out the mchimp garbage code, sized it to fit the sidebar. But, when I remove the code . . . the theme bounces back to perfection.

Nope, didn’t make any core theme changes. And, thinking it may have been my careless stripping of code I went back and tried it with the whole code and it still breaks the page. It’s mailchimp for sure.

Dang that monkey.

Sushil Adhikari

That will do it… a layout can get really messed up for missing even a single quote in code. It can be very finicky.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.