Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Mobile Menu not working after theme update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #15286

    Hello Andre,

    I tried to do the theme update from 1.6.7 to 1.7.7 yesterday, but I had to roll back to the 1.6.7 backup.
    The reason was, that the mobile menu was not working anymore. It did neither work with a mouse click when using a desktop browser with narrow view-port, nor did it work on my Smartphone.

    From the changelog and from comparing 1.6.7 and 1.7.7 files, I saw that you updated .js with improved mobile menu function.
    (this was my take-away at least). I assume that the .js goes hand in hand with some .php changes and the style.css update (for corresponding css classes).

    I have a tweaked child theme in the meanwhile (www.die-zurhorsts.de, not obviously Encounters anymore).
    Do you have any idea which css classes have changed and my cause the issue now. My assumption is, that my modifications in my child theme style.css file are now preventing the mobile menu from working?

    I am a bit lost because I really enjoy following your development.

    Thanks for suggestions!


    Sushil Adhikari

    Sorry to hear that Marcus… so here are a few questions for you…

    1. Does the live demo site function in mobile view (or size) http://demo.styledthemes.com/encounters/
    2. Did you make any changes at the same time or after you updated the theme?
    3. What browser are you using and version?
    4. What kind of changes did you make to the menu (if any)?

    The menu styling was changed in the new version so perhaps your child theme override of CSS for the menu might not be valid anymore…or partially.



    Q1: yes, your demo site is working flawlessly both from phone and web browser
    Q2: No, no further changes at that time
    Q3: Firefox ESR 24.6 on Linux
    Q4: No changes to the menu code, but style.css changes on the menu

    It is getting late here. Since the demo site is working, I will need to look into more details.
    I have the header.php file copied into my child theme folder because there is a tiny modification in the head. But this is far away from any menu code, and everything else is identical to your file: I only have a condition (if !is_page == …) around the title tage because I don’t need this on a certain page.

    What I am also wondering: can this be related to any caching on the server side or even locally?

    My next steps (tomorrow):
    a) Repeat update and test again
    b) If Child Theme is broken, switch to Encounters and check function again

    When Encounters itself works, I will need to dive deep into style.css and review the header.php change one more time.
    Thanks for the quick help, I will come back with more details.


    Sushil Adhikari

    One of the reasons why I wanted you to try my demo site is because it’s version 1.7.7 and to see if it worked for you. So it sounds like it’s something related to changes you might have done with the menu CSS in your child theme. I’m not sure off hand what I changed in the new version with the menu css, but that could be it in conjunction with whatever it was you changed. Your conditional statement should not be affecting it from what I can see.

    As you mentioned, caching could be the problem too….might want to check on that in all areas caching is done.

    Isn’t making websites fun 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.