multiple images in one widget

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference multiple images in one widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ellen
    Participant

I’d like to have several images in one widget lined up horizontally, but no matter how I insert them in the widget they all display on one line each (vertically).

For example, I’d like to place social media links each all on one line horizontally across in the footer widget (much like you have in your own website footer). Is it coded in the CSS that the images should each display on their own line? I can’t seem to force them to display on one line. I’ve even tried inserting them as a gallery of thumbnails, which is complete overkill, but that too lines the images up vertically. Any ideas?

Sushil Adhikari

There are many ways actually but this is where HTML comes in, but I should also remind everyone that doing custom coding tutorials is not really part of support. What I can do though is give you a starting point…this theme uses an attribute on images that makes them a block (puts an invisible container around the image that goes 100% which is probably why your images go vertical because each image block takes up a row. You would need to add a style to the image that makes the image “inline”. Something like:

style="display: inline-block;"

That will cancel out the theme’s…

img display: block

…attribute.

Ellen
    Participant

Thanks, that’s exactly what I needed to know. Now I can fix it myself.

Sushil Adhikari

Awesome… especially that you understood my typo of “blog” instead of me saying “block” in my post, lol. :whistle:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.