No “homepage” in pages

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters No “homepage” in pages

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Robyn Long

Hi,
    I”ve managed to add an image/change colors on the homepage. I wanted to create the boxes w/ images and text as in the Demo site, so I watched the tutorial on how to basically replicate the demo homepage.

While I can access all the widgets I don’t have the option of selecting the homepage as done in the tutorial. Where did I go wrong?

Thanks so much!

Sushil Adhikari

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by homepage option….probably because it’s 11pm here for me :S

Are you referring to setting up what WordPress calls a static page? I’m guessing you might have missed doing the WordPress Settings >> Reading (where you can set your front page and your blog page).

Robyn Long

Thanks so much for your response! And so sorry I don’t yet have all the WP lingo :blink:

I took 2 screen shots. I don’t know how to edit the front page (homepage) other than the image and colors. I did this by going to Appearance – Customize and altering the images and colors. I did that by following your tutorial https://www.styledthemes.com/encounters-theme-setup/42-change-the-colours-of-encounters.

Then I watched the tutorial “create-a-front-page-like-the-demo-site” to try and make further changes. However, the page that looks like my front page that I’ve already altered isn’t visible in the PAGES section of WP. I took a screen shot of the home page and the list of pages.

After reading your response I went to WordPress Settings >> Reading and see that I can select a page. But I’m not sure how to convert the front page header into an actual page…so grateful for your advice!

Thanks again!
    Robyn

Sushil Adhikari

I Robyn… it’s actually past midnight here for me so I will have to follow up tomorrow. However, you may want to insert your screenshots again because I don’t see them in your post here. Or, if possible, a link to your site? Tomorrow I will help you get setup with your front page (assuming you want it to look like the demo site), so if you don’t hear from me within the next 16 hours, post a follow up message here.

Robyn Long

Thanks again on your reply and not to worries on time between responses, I know not everyone is a night owl 🙂

Here are the two screen shots (one PDF) of what I’m seeing, thanks!

Sushil Adhikari

Good morning! ummm… what PDF? lol, there’s no file here. Do you have a link to your site?

Robyn Long

Hi there,
    The site isnt up and running yet. Hmm, I am clearly having issues with the attachment. Are we only allowed to add certain types of filies? The first time I added a PDF, which didn’t work, and this morning I added it then hit “INSERT” and it said it was inserted (A one page PDF w/ the 2 images). So not sure where I’m failing!

This time I’m adding and inserting the 2 images directly:

thanks again for your guidance!

Robyn Long

This link should work to my website. The issue I’m having (I think, after watching more tutorials) is I’m not sure how to make a front page that has the header image as the demo does. I have my own photo there now just not sure how to get the “look” of the front page actually on a page template

http://69.89.31.99/~robynlon

thanks!

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the link… I almost didn’t recognize my theme on your site; but I like that because it shows that someone is getting more creative 🙂

Anyway, if it’s the slideshow you are referring to, the tutorial for that part is here:

https://www.styledthemes.com/encounters-theme-setup/59-setup-a-widgetkit-slideshow-for-the-front-page

The live demo for Encounters is using the Widgetkit plugin (which is actually a combination of different plugins rolled into one). The one used is the slideshow one. Widgetkit is free for the Widgetkit Lite plugin (which is what I am using).

Robyn Long

Whoohoo, thanks so much! Its sorted out 🙂 And I have the box images (not complete) so starting to mirror the demo a bit more — there are so many great options in this template. Looking forward to sharing when its up and public!

Sushil Adhikari

Good to hear 🙂
    As I tell everyone, don’t rush into it, take it one step at a time, put something new in, check it out, if all good, move on to the next item on the list. Eventually everything comes together and it’s a great learning experience.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.