Page templates

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Page templates

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Julie
    Participant

Hi Andre,

I would like to set my ‘about’ pages to show widgets on the right hand side. However, when I do this, for some reason the bottom widget area where I have recent posts and an opt in box go vertical? This does not happen on my blog page (all good there). If I change the page template to full width (no widgets) then the bottom area widgets sit horizontal which is how I would like them too.

Seems a bit strange and I think there must be something I have done wrong. How can i show right hand widgets on a page without disrupting how the bottom widgets sit?

My website is http://www.thebeautyissue.com and if you visit my about pages you will see what I am talking about

Thanks

Julie

Sushil Adhikari

Not sure what is happening because when I grabbed your bottom widget content and put it into my test site, it worked. I had the recent posts in Bottom 1 and the other two (which you have 2 widgets) in Bottom 3 position, which gave me a 2 columns; the last one was the two widgets. There must be something about that page because the Bottom group of sidebar positions is the same file for all pages and blog pages.

Julie
    Participant

Okay, but it happens on every page where I change the template to support right page widgets… I shall muddle through, hopefully the error will reveal itself.

Sushil Adhikari

I just went to your about page http://thebeautyissue.com/about/ and it looks like things are lined up in their respective columns. I’m assuming you did something?
    Also, I noticed you are using the Advanced Text widget plugin….I’d recommend using the WP default Text Widget but use the follow plugins:

1. Display Widgets – lets you publish any widget to any page
    2. Remove Widget Titles – Lets you hide a widget title

I’ve found a glitch with the Advanced text widgets that will create empty spaces on other pages where you publish a widget to, but on a different page. However, if your current setup is working for you, no need to change then.

Julie
    Participant

Thanks, I use Dynamic Widgets which works well. I discovered that one of the images in a widget was causing the problem.. so is fixed now, but thanks for your response.

Julie

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for the info…. you are already using Dynamic Widgets, but if later you find it gets difficult to use, there is an alternative that I found a while back; a plugin called Display Widgets. Much easier to use and it puts the functionality on the widget itself. Dynamic Widgets is a good plugin but definitely for more complex widget publishing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.