Paragraphs

Home Forums Main Forum General Topics Paragraphs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ron King
    Participant

This is likely a WordPress issue with nothing to do with your themes, but I don’t know where else to turn. I’ve having a terrible time getting paragraphs to stay put. Time after time, when I make a change to a page and save it, paragraphs disappear, and sometimes it can take me four or five cycles of saving and re-doing before it’s fixed. Do you have any thoughts as to how to fix this? It’s driving my nuts. Thanks, Ron

Sushil Adhikari

** I just moved this topic to the General Topics forum.

As for what you are experiencing, something is definitely not quite right and I suspect it’s either a plugin or it very well could be your WordPress. I did a quick look in Google search and one had a similar issue and it turned out to be the qTranslate plugin.

I would also ask, has this always been happening or did it start after activating my theme, or sometime later, perhaps after adding a plugin? Also, what theme are you using?

Ron King
    Participant

I just now found the solution. It has always been happening, and your theme are the only ones I’ve used so far. I found the below and it seems to be working now. I’ll let you know if it doesn’t.

TinyMCE-Advanced from wordpress is a wordpress plugin, which adds the option to disable the removal of

and
    tags when saving a post and in the HTML editor (autop). After installing-activating, the option to enable line breaks can be found in the Settings->TinyMCE Advanced panel.

Sushil Adhikari

That will do it yes….I was never a fan of any of the editors for WordPress, especially the default one. I always found it odd that they do not have a robust editor considering the main component of any content management system is really the content editor, and the ones available in WP are not overly flexible and they love stripping out a users own code. But, it sounds like you found the solution for the issue you were experiencing. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.