Possibility of making a drop-down list

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Possibility of making a drop-down list

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I was wondering if it was possible to make a drop-down list within the body of the webpage text – not the menus.

Something so that if you click on a heading some text will be displayed below this heading.

It’s hard to explain what I am looking for so if necessary I can find an example of this on the Internet and send a screenshot or a link.

Sushil Adhikari

What you are referring to is called a “Jump Menu”. Do a quick search on Google and you will find a lot of tutorials for this.

It’s definitely not a jump menu. I searched for this and what I found did not match what I was looking for. Maybe the way I described it was confusing.

There are no arrows or anything like that. A line of text is in a box and it is clickable, clicking the box reveals more text to appear below this text (as expanding the category to revel further details) All within the main text area of the website.

I can’t really describe what I’m looking for but I can’t find the examples that I had seen before. It’s something that you will come across on some websites but now that I’m looking for it I can’t find any examples. I’ll have to wait until I come across this and then post an example.

Sushil Adhikari

sorry, I stand corrected. I answered without my first coffee of the morning, lol.

Ok, I think what you are referring to now is an accordion. Something like this:

http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#collapse

If so, there’s plugins at wordoress,org for this. The one above is for Bootstrap but I did not code the accordion into this theme.

Hi Andre,

It’s OK, I didn’t explain it clearly enough. It’s hard to describe these types of things without showing an actual example and I don’t know what the technical terms for them are.
    I looked at your link and it’s certainly the same as it shows under “Example Accordion”.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.