Possible slider issue with WPML plugin

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preferential Possible slider issue with WPML plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dana LInn

My slider quit working after installing the WPML plugin. Hm…. Just deactivated plugin and magically the slider works. Happens on localhost and hosted. Have not had time to chase this pblm down – am hoping someone else has also seen this.

Thanks – Dana

Sushil Adhikari

My best advice is to contact the developers of WPML and let them know because this is their plugin and would be the ones who would have a solution for you…or I hope they would. However, it could be the other way around that the slider is the one that has something not wanting to work with the WPML plugin.

What slider are you using?

Dana LInn

This turned out to be a non-issue. The “slider” quite working when I no longer had xampp running on my machine. I had just put the site onto host and also had xampp running when I tested so I never saw the problem. The script that I used to update the new URL’s for the hosted site did NOT update the URL associated with the slider I have running on the home page. It was still pointing to XAMPP and oops – I did not have(locahost) up so the slider failed to appear. My bad. When moving the site to a different URL – the images for the slider will have to be manually updated (until the script to update URL’s is updated) .

Sushil Adhikari

No worries… what is important is that you have it working and that you found out what the issue was. I also use XAMPP when I develop my themes, test, and also for troubleshooting theme support issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.