Preference Page Title, “HOME” Removal

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference Preference Page Title, “HOME” Removal

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Roland

I’m still struggling with this, Andre. I’ve read the posts and tried a couple variations, my latest being:

This theme, like WordPress, is licensed under the GPL.
    Use it to make something cool, have fun, and share what you’ve learned with others.
    */

/* Import Styles
    ————————————————————– */
    @import url(‘../preference/style.css’);

/* Add your style.css changes here

#page-10.entry-title {
    display: none;
    }
    ————————————————————– */

What did I do wrong?

Sushil Adhikari

best to post your link to the page you want this to not display and I can take a quick look.

Roland
    Sushil Adhikari

You were close to it, but it’s this:

#post-10 .entry-title {
        display: none;
    }
    Roland

:-\ Still not working.

Sushil Adhikari

It should be working as I just did it on my end…could be a browser cache issue maybe. However, to “force” a style, add an !Important at the end of “none” like this:

#post-10 .entry-title {
        display: none!important;
    }
    Roland

It’s still working on my end, not in Firefox and not in IE.

Sushil Adhikari

Shouldn’t matter with the browser. Contact me directly with your login for your admin if I can get in there because I know this should be working. I just tried it again on my end with css and it worked. Also, how are you adding that style and to where?

Sushil Adhikari

I didn’t have to log in after all, I found the problem. First I noticed you are using the child theme (which is good), but your code should have a space between the #post-10 and .entry-title

Roland

Andre:

Tried it with the original 1-space (it was there, not sure how your view shows none) and I tried adding an extra space to be doubly-sure.

Still shows the “Home”

Sushil Adhikari

Now I know what the issue was… you added the style inside a comment part of the stylesheet where I quoted “you added your code here”

/* Add your style.css changes here
    you added your code here
    -------------------------------------------------------------- */

This is why it wasn’t working, but to be honest, it’s not your fault because for some people, they would put it where you placed it because of how I wrote comment instructions is not the right way. I should redo the instruction info different for my child themes as this:

/* Add your style.css changes below */

Anyway, I moved the styling outside the comment area and now it works.

A CSS comment is anything that sits between this /* and this */

Roland

“Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,” says me while smacking my head. I get it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sushil Adhikari

Well knowing it was my fault, I apologize for any frustration with not being able to hide the title. A big OOPS! on my part. I will be changing the way I made the directions on the next theme update. Anyway, glad it finally got to work for you, cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.