Primary Menu

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello Again!
    I need to have the primary menu below the banner.
    I copied and pasted the primary nav bar in header.php to the bottom of the banner, so it is there twice.
    For balance I want the top nav bar to remain but empty. Every time I remove the nav content it collapses.
    It worked in Preferential with another client, so this time I was brimming with confidence, typical!
    Sorry to be such a pain :blush:

Sushil Adhikari

Yikes! :woohoo: That is some serious modifications to do, but you definitely have some custom coding to be done, but you would have to move the whole navigation to where you want it, but to keep the row with the colour background there, you would have to create a different class CSS for the container and remove anything for the menu code from it. So really you are just creating a replacement container for where the menu used to be.

I seriously hope you are using a child theme for this, otherwise you won’t be able to update the theme (well you can, but you have to do it very very carefully by updating only the files that were updated.

You would be surprised at how many folk want the nav under the banner. It saves folk having to scroll over what is simply decoration. Thank You

Sushil Adhikari

Good point… I will have to pass that on as a feature to consider in the next theme (or themes).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.