Hi, I have installed the Circumference theme together with the multi language plugin qtranslate.
It works just fine except for the primary menu that moves a little bit to the right for every language.
In danish the menu is perfect, but in English it moves a bit and makes the menu in two lines instead of one, and in Spanish it moves even more.
What is happening is that the container for the menu is only a certain size because there needs to be room for the logo container which sits to the left…both sit side-by-side each other. So when there is no room left, the menu items will start a second line. The options for you are:
1. adjust what your menu item labels are
2. Modify the class for each the logo and menu containers to change the widths (add more to the menu and less on the logo container)
3. Use the Secondary menu location instead of the Primary menu location — the secondary is for bigger menus or wider logos
I thought qtranslate was the bad guy here, but you are right about the menu item labels. I did some adjustments on the text and also made the logo more narrow, but is still not enough to have everything in one line. Option three is not what I want visually. That leaves me with option two, but here I a little more help.
I believe this happens in the style.css, but can you please help me with the coding? I already have a child theme installed.
You are using the child theme which is a BIG bonus here because it makes this easier.
1. Using an FTP program, upload a copy of the header.php from the main theme
2. Edit this file and look for col-md-5 and change it to col-md-4 (about halfway down the file)
3. Look for col-md-7 and change it to col-md-8
This will shorten the logo container and then adds the extra space to the menu container for more room.