Remove Comments from Front Page

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Remove Comments from Front Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rjvilardi
    Participant

Awesome that did the trick thanks. I have another small issue I can’t seem to resolve. I want to remove the ability to leave comments on the home page.

Sushil Adhikari

Best to have this as a new topic, so I will change this to one….but to help out, WordPress has this ability when you have your post or page open in the editor. Just below the editor will be an option to allow comments with “Discussion”, but if it’s not there, in the upper right is a tab saying “Screen Options”. Click on it, then check the box next to discussion…then this will show below the editor, in which case you can now place a check mark or uncheck, to disable or enable comments for that page.

rjvilardi
    Participant

I need a little further assistance. I see the Screen Options in the top tight corner but not “Discussion”. On the far left, if I click on “Comments” it gives me the option to show on screen; Author, In Response To and # of comments. but still no discussion box. Thx

Sushil Adhikari

When the screen options panel drops down (you have to click on it), you should see this:
    Page Attributes / Featured Image / Custom Fields / Discussion / Slug / Author

When you check the box next to discussion, the “Allow Comments” and “Allow Trackbacks and Pings” should show below the editor. You would uncheck “Allow Comments”.

rjvilardi
    Participant

Ok, issue resolved. Took me a while to figure out that I had to go to the exact page where I wanted to make the changes. Thanks for the direction.

Sushil Adhikari

You are welcome…I’m glad you got it working. Lots of things about WordPress that can be confusing or hidden. I’m tempted to setup a blog category for WordPress tutorials for everyone.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.