Remove the content area when left empty

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Pure & Simple Remove the content area when left empty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    On the page “Home” I would like to show only a banner image – without content. However, under the banner there always is a white area (content area) to see, even if I set the page attributes on “Widgets Only”. It seems that the following code is responsible for this:

Is there a way to remove this code when the content of the page remains emty?

(Just for testing, I copied and pasted all the source code into a text file – the appropriate section, I then removed from the source code and saved the text page as an HTML page. The page would now be displayed as I would like.)

Thanks!
    Alexander

Shekhar Bhandari
    Participant

Hi Alexander Mayr,

Have you chosen the widgets only page templates? If you are able to copy to make this by editing files then the best practise to do so will be making a page template. Just duplicate one of the page templates from the page templates folder and inside the file replace the code and replace the name with the name that you thing suitable with and choose it from the page attributes section.

Thanks.

It seems that I could solve the problem 🙂

I made a copy of the header file and deleted the last rows of the code – about the “content” – the I named the file “customheader”.
    Next I made a copy of the “widget only” template and modified the get_header link like this:

get_header( ‘customheader’ ); ?>

Shekhar Bhandari
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Cheers! that you find the solution of the problem.

Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.