Secondary Menu Padding/Margin/Min Height

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Secondary Menu Padding/Margin/Min Height

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ellen
    Participant

I could swear I asked this before, but I don’t see it….so forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I’m using the secondary menu location with Encounters. However the real estate that the menu takes up (vertically) is too much. I would like to shrink it a bit. For the life of me I can’t figure out what is setting that height. Is it the entire header container, padding around the menu items, line height or something else?

I love the proportions you use here on your site. I would like to use similar proportions.

Sushil Adhikari

Just one thing I need…a link to your site and then I can take a quick look.

Ellen
    Participant

Oh shoot, I’m still building it and have the site in maintenance mode. Would a screen grab of the header work? If not, I can probably email you a link.
    langfamilyheader.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

A link will be needed….but what version of Encounters are you on? Your menu or header area also looks like there was some customization?
    I just loaded my Encounters on a local test site and my menu does not look like that. However, a link would be helpful and if a login is possible, I could then see it while keeping your site in Maintenance Mode. The idea is to use my browser’s webmaster tools to explore the source code while being able to edit CSS.

Sushil Adhikari

I think I found your problem…
    Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Nav >> Secondary Menu Margin and make sure you change this. It looks like you have it as:

30px 0 30px 0

Also, I would recommend you update your theme to 1.7.7 (soon to be updated to 1.7.9 ). However, if you made any changes to the parent theme files, you will lose those changes if you update….one reason to always start off with a child theme if modifications are planned with any site.

Actually…I should send you the beta version of the theme of version 1.7.9

Ellen
    Participant

UGH! It’s definitely a Monday on my goofy planet. Thanks for your help…I’m a dork. I think I was looking for something more difficult. That did it!

Your themes rock, and as usual you are awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.