[SEE IMAGE] Encounters on Ipad doesn’t scale?

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters [SEE IMAGE] Encounters on Ipad doesn’t scale?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jana H.

My website doesn’t look the same as on the Ipad. On the Ipad the text is wrapping around and overall doesn’t scale the website. My lead capture box stick outs away from the main boarder How can this get fixed?

Thanks,
    Jana

encountersonipad.png
    encountersonipad.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

Hi Jana….unfortunately, it depends on what plugins and other third party things you put into your site or that already exist in your site. If they are not responsive, you won’t get a 100% responsive website. The theme is responsive, so when someone builds a site, it’s important to use plugins and other elements that are responsive as well (if maintaining a responsive site is important).

It looks like your Sign up Now form box is not responsive, as well, the big input field at the bottom of your page to enter in an email address is also not responsive.

The other thing that is very important is to make sure your theme is also up to date. I took a look and it appears you are on version 1.3.2. The current version of Encounters is now at 1.5.7, so you may want to consider updating the theme; perhaps that might solve some of your issues too.

Jana H.

Ok great thank you. How do I update (my purchased version) of Encounters? WordPress has Encounters Lite.

I will make the changes and see what happens.

Jana

Sushil Adhikari

Step 1 – Download the theme once again (the same way you did when you got the theme)
    Step 2 – Unzip the download package and also the actual encounters.zip file inside that
    Step 3 – Using an FTP program, upload the “encounters” theme folder (which contains the theme files) to the theme folder

The theme folder is located where your WordPress files are:

/wp-content/themes/

Your theme folder that you are overwriting is:

/wp-content/themes/encounters/

Please note that any files you modified will be overwritten when you update the theme.

Jana H.

Will I have to pay $39 dollars again for the updates? My membership expires next year. When I click Download Theme, same as I did when I purchased the theme the first time, it immediately takes me to Paypal for payment.

I am going to this page for the updates https://www.styledthemes.com/encounters

Is this correct?

Jana

Sushil Adhikari

Yours doesn’t expire until June 29 of next year. But because you purchased an individual theme and did not sign up for the “Theme MEmbership”, you need to use the download link that was emailed to you when you purchased Encounters. I’m assuming you saved that link somewhere safe? :whistle:

…I just resent the link to your email.

The “Downloads” menu link on the top main menu is for anyone on a “Theme Membership (access to all themes)”. You have the option of course to upgrade to that for $30 if you wish.

Jana H.

Yes I have, and thank you! I’ll likely get the all themes since I like Preference as well.

Thanks!
    Jana

Sushil Adhikari

If you are wanting to upgrade, contact me via email because the upgrade system isn’t functioning correctly right now. What I can do is send you a payment request and once made, I can manually upgrade you to the full theme membership.

Jana H.

Ok thanks, I will let you know when I ready to upgrade!

Jana

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.