Setting up e-commerce with extras price list

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Setting up e-commerce with extras price list

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    G. G.

:blink: Hello StyledThemes and fellow members, wanted to know if anyone had any simple way to setup the extras price-list provided by the encounters theme as e-commerce so that customers can place order for a service (for example, logo or web design) through site?

Sushil Adhikari

Absolutely…. create a page in your WordPress admin, then in the editor, switch to the text tab view, copy the sample html snippet from the extras folder, paste it, make whatever content changes you need with your own, click Save.

Which reminds me, I need to create a tutorial for that shortly.

G. G.

Thanks for your amazingly quick response. I actually did get that far and setup a page, copied and pasted the extras price list and updated text to reflect services, even changed the “sign up now” text to “order now”. However, i’m now stuck on taking the next steps to setting up a payment gateway and checkout having done all of the above.

Some guidance on this would be appreciated, I was hoping Styled Themes had some video link to further detail the use of the price list, including integrating with some other e-commerce platform, etc. The styled themes videos are great!, short sweet and to the point.

Sushil Adhikari

You’re very welcome, and it sounds like you got a head start. The only thing now is for you to as you said, setup a payment gateway. This will definitely be up to you to choose what is available out there. If you do not know what you want to use, look for something that lets you create or use custom buy buttons, that way you can use the price tables layout and change the button and/or link for your own.

It really is dependent on what you are selling though.

Again, as for what plugin or setup to use for the actual e-commerce side, there’s tons of plugins available; it’s just a case of taking time to review them and to make a list of what you think will work for your site and needs.

G. G.

Sounds like i’m heading in the right direction. I was just trying to simplify the process. I downloaded the woo commerce plug-in, but this definitely is more robust for what I think I need, and a pop-up on my dashboard is indicating that “Your theme does not declare WooCommerce support – if you encounter layout issues please read our integration guide or choose a WooCommerce theme”, so it looks like I need to do some duplication of the .php file and some work on that end.

Hopefully, I’ll figure it out. Thanks!

Sushil Adhikari

I’m considering adding WooCommerce support in future themes….but as you said, woo commerce is a lot more robust and best for large e-commerce sites. You didn’t mention what you are selling, but you might want to check out PayPal based plugins. Also, check out http://trinitronic.com/downloads/#wordpress-downloads

I use one of their plugins for my individual theme purchase to download function, although mine is for Joomla which is what my site here is using, but have been using them for a couple years now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.