Sidebar problem

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Encounters Sidebar problem

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    melodie

I am having problems with getting the individual sidebar features to work. I did it before on a page with no problem but am stuck trying to get it to work on a single post.

I did look for answers elsewhere (dynamic widgets, recent posts plus and wordpress) but can’t seem to find what I need.

I am trying to limit the number of recent posts that show up for a single post as opposed to those that show up for default posts. I’d like to have only 10 or 12 posts appear on the right sidebar for specific single posts. Additionally I’m trying to make them category-related. But no matter I do neither of those seem to happen.

What I’ve done so far is to create a single post sidebar, add and customize a recent posts plus widget into that sidebar, and then activate it in the individual posts that I want it to appear. What am I missing ?

I’m not even sure this is the correct place to post this issue..I don’t know if it’s the theme or recent posts plus or dynamic widgets or me. Probably the latter.

Thank you
    singleposts.jpg
    recentpostsplus.jpg

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

Not quite sure I understand, but it sounds like you want the recent posts to show a certain number of posts on the normal blog view but when viewing a post in full (single post), you want it to show less posts? I don’t think it’s really possible, or at least that I know of. I’m not familiar with plugins that create sidebars either, so I won’t be much help..sorry. This is also more related to customizing and not quite support, so unless someone else in the forums here has done this before, your best bet is to post your question(s) in the wordpress.org site and see if someone has a solution.

melodie

well yes. I want the number of sidebar posts to be limited (so they don’t stretch off the page infinitely on a single short post the way they do for a series of posts like in the archives.

See these two links:

Single post: http://asktheastrologers.com/free-daily-tarotscope-jan-13-2014/

Category or archived posts: http://asktheastrologers.com/daily-tarotscope/

I’d followed along in the tutorials to set up those sidebar posts to begin with (using the recent post plus and advanced text widgets that were referenced there). In the tutorials it went through the different features — as in how many posts to display in the sidebar and how to customize them so that only specified content displayed.) So I was thinking this was the best place to get the answer. Whatever I did didn’t work.

I do appreciate your time. But from what I’m reading above it sounds like this is a custom sidebar issue and not a theme or support issue. I will keep looking! and thank you again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.