Site title not spanning width of #cir-site-header

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Circumference Site title not spanning width of #cir-site-header

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Terry Hale

Hey Andre,

Just downloaded and installed Circumference on a new site I’m working on. Like, wow! I’ve got those good heebie jeebies again exploring a new StyledTheme theme!

I am trying to figure out why the

#cir-logo-group-wrapper

ID is within a col-md-5 class. I have a very long title of “Global System Integration Services”. At a full viewport width of <1000 or so the col-md-5 class spans the full width of the header area. However, if I am at full screen, the title is wrapped because col-md-5 becomes more narrow, thus making the header area much taller.

I understand how the bootstrap works, but I was wondering why the header area for the logo and title is not full width. I'm sure there's a very good reason, you being a theme developer and all lol!

Here's the header HTML (I have not set up any navigation yet):

Global Systems Integration Services

PCL and HMI Programming

What I did was put the following CSS into the child theme style, and the title no longer wraps:

#cir-site-header .col-md-5 {
    	width: 100%;
    }

Enlightenment as to what I am missing would be much appreciated!! :woohoo:

Terry Hale

I think I see why. Like I said, I have no navigation. That would be in the right side of the header area, based on your demo.

Never mind! See, I knew there had to be a reason ha ha. I will just make adjustments to the font size or something.

Thanks for all the great work! You make us all look good! B)

Sushil Adhikari

The fact you got creative with targeting that one container with the class col-md-5 is very good….
    The class is to make the logo container a certain length so the nav container to the right can also fit. However, did you know that if you change your main menu to the Secondary menu location, the menu will change positions below the logo and above the showcase banner area to be full width, and then the logo container becomes a full width container of col-md-12 ? I did this so that if someone needed a wider logo or site title, this would give more room for it 🙂

Terry Hale

Thanks, Andre. Well said and informative!

I don’t care what anyone else says… You’re alright. 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.