Sliders above the navigation bar

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Pure & Simple Sliders above the navigation bar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Belle

I would like to have a slide on the home page above the navigation bar. I have a plugin for it but most of the example I have seen placed the slider BELOW the bar where you would normally put your content. Any tips would be wonderful. Thank you.

Shekhar Bhandari
    Participant

Hi Belle,

How did you put the slider in the navigation bar? as in pure and simple theme their is no widget in the top navigation bar you need to put the slider code into the header.php file and adjust the size. Which plugin are you using?

Thanks.

Belle

I haven’t activated it yet but I was thinking of using slider WD. And yes it looks like I can’t put the widget on the top header section. Do you have a help file somewhere I can access to help with this? I can access the header.php to put it there if I need to.

Shekhar Bhandari
    Participant

Hi Belle,

You need to put the slider shortcode on the logo-group.php below the

<div class="header-bg" style=" background-image: url(

Thanks.

Zdenka

I might be wrong but don’t you mean something that is in the Customize your site – Basic setting – Display primary menu on: top of the banner / bottom of banner.
    Normally, you put the slider code in the banner widget, don’t you?

Belle

@Zdenka, The primary menu is already selected to appear on top but it sits below the header section. The first top widget position is below the banner area it seems. Like he said, I would have to go into header.php to put the short code in. I will try it tonight or tomorrow Shekhar and will get back to you if I have more questions. If I don’t it means that it worked! 🙂

Shekhar Bhandari
    Participant

hi zdenka,

It was a case where belle want to use the slider on the top where logo and header image exists. So i provided the code accordingly. Hope that makes clear 🙂

Thanks.

Zdenka

I apologize for not understanding properly. I thought it was only about “navigation bar”.

Belle

No worries. 🙂
    Thanks for responding though!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.