Slideshow does not show

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Preference Slideshow does not show

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nigel arnold

I am following your written instructions for installing the slideshow and believe that I have correctly followed all the steps but the slideshow does not appear. I previously set up a header picture that did correctly appear per your earlier tutorial.

The images I want to appear have been loaded and appear in the content editor but when I put the caption in

Preference for WordPress

Flexible & Powerful

This does not appear on the image in the content editor – not sure from your instructions if it should or only on the image when in the slideshow

I notice there is some shortcode shown am I meant to be doing anything with this ?

Also there do not appear to be ANY help videos for preference is this correct ? is there a help video on this topic for one of the other themes that is directly interchangeable that I can view.

Thanks

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Nigel….are you referring to the Widgetkit slideshow?

As for videos, once I release the new Preference theme (which will be renamed), this one will have videos and text based tutorials.

nigel arnold

Yes that is correct – it does not display at all on the home page – ie there is no showcase box at the top of the page or image that would fit inside it.

I have also tried with the default style rather than preference style and the same result

any suggestions would be welcome or point me towards a video showing similar tutorial

Thanks

Sushil Adhikari

There is actually… you would be adding the slideshow with a widget in the Showcase Header or Banner Header widget positions. Because the Widgetkit is common with any of my themes, you may want to check out a video tutorial for my Circumference or Celestial Reloaded theme.

https://www.styledthemes.com/circumference-setup/215-create-a-slider-like-the-demo-website-using-widgetkit

https://www.styledthemes.com/celestial-reloaded-setup/154-setup-a-widgetkit-slideshow-for-the-front-page

Still follow the tutorial for the PReference version because it still has some differences compared to the other themes.

For the shortcode, this is the Widgetkit’s slideshow one. For example: [widgetkit id=85]

You would put that (or whatever your slideshow shortcode is) into a text widget, then assign it to the showcase or banner header position.

nigel arnold

Thanks – it is working fine now.

It was that last step concerning assigning the shortcode to the showcase that I did not do. It is well covered in the circumference video you linked above but apparently missing from the preference written instructions.

Thanks again

Sushil Adhikari

I noticed that after you mentioned that is missing… thanks for pointing that important part out. Once I finish the remake of Preference (to be named Preferential), there is going to be a complete set of new tutorials which will include videos as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.