update to WP 4.5. no more customisation possible

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Pure & Simple update to WP 4.5. no more customisation possible

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Aki Christina
    Participant

Hey 🙂

After the update to WP 4.5 I have no more customisation options. See screenshot below.

Plugins are all deactivated.
    FireShotScreenCapturechristinakorb.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sushil Adhikari

Hi Aki Christina,

if you are using free version of puresimple, then we had already updated to latest version. And we had checked our theme on latest version but we didn’t find any error. So could you please provide your wp login detail so we can find the exact issue.

We looks forward for your response.

Thanks

Randy Niedz

Same here. Customize worked fine but as soon as I upgraded to 4.5 customization no longer worked both on Pure & Simple and on Preferential.

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Randy Niedz,

Sorry for the inconvenience, We had checked our theme-pure and simple on latest WP4.5 and its working fine here. So make sure you are using latest version
    of pure simple.
    If still you are facing the customization issue, please send us your wp login details at [email protected].

Note: Please take a backup of your site before preceding, so you can take a action when disaster strikes. And also please try by deactivating all plugins, so we can be sure that this issue is not the plugin conflict.

Thanks

Aki Christina
    Participant

I had a broken installation of another chiltheme and did not get aware of the notification.
    Unistalled it and now my Pure & Simple childtheme works nearly well, except:

Customization -> Font Management -> Widget Title Size
    displays [object Object]

and no value is possible.

Any idea or do you need access?

Greetings
    Aki Christina

Sushil Adhikari

Thanks for your suggestion, Aki Christina. We will soon release our latest version fixing this issue. Most probably today we will release our updated version.

Thanks

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Aki Christina,

We had update our version to 1.5.0 fixing above issue. So we request you to update your theme to latest version.

Note: Please take a backup of your site before proceeding so you will be in position to take action when disaster strikes.
    . Normally we use duplicator plugin to make a backup.https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

Here is the video tutorials how to use duplicator and save it to your local computer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvOGV2eIjE

Thanks

Aki Christina
    Participant

Customization works fine as far as I can see.

Thank you.

Sushil Adhikari

Thank you Aki Christina, for your response, feels free to come back to us, if you got any issue on our theme . We will be more than glad to assist you

Thanks.

pondhopper
    Participant

I updated to WP 4.5 and customization no longer works. The customization page would not even load (blank white screen). I disabled all plugins and I could get the customization dashboard to appear, but the only option is to change the theme, non of the other functionality is there. I have checked and am running php5.4(native) and all other plugins are up to date. I am running a child theme of pure & simple – the parent theme is version 1.3.1. If I install the 1.5 parent theme will I lost the customization that I added through customizer – or is that contained within the child theme?

Binaya D
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

If you have use the child theme for the customization and other changes, then you will not loose the data, so you can update you theme. We hope you understand, if not then please let us know.

Note: Please take a backup of your site before proceeding so you will be in position to take action when disaster strikes.
    Normally we use duplicator plugin to make a backup.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

Here is the video tutorials how to use duplicator and save it to your local computer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdvOGV2eIjE

Thanks

pondhopper
    Participant

But can I assume that if I was running a child theme, the customizer stylings were saved to the child theme not the parent theme? Everything else is contained in a CSS plugin – so I know that is OK.

Binaya D
    Participant

Hi Sarah,

If you have use the plugin to keep the css, then also there will be no problem, you can just update your theme. We hope you understand.

Thanks

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.