Upgraded to Celestial Reloaded from Lite

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Celestial (Celestial Reloaded) Upgraded to Celestial Reloaded from Lite

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gregg Lander

I’ve recently purchased the Celestial Reloaded theme having used Celestial Lite. Is there an easy way of transferring files across from Lite to Reloaded? If so any help would be appreciated.

Sushil Adhikari

Hi Gregg…not quite sure what you mean by transferring files from Lite to Reloaded….which files are you referring to?

Gregg Lander

Sorry perhaps I didn’t explain that very well. I want my existing Celestial Lite site to look exactly the same once it’s transferred across to Reloaded – is there an easy way to do this and if so please could you explain what needs to be done?

Sushil Adhikari

Unfortunately with how WordPress works and the naming methods of themes (even plugins), it’s not really possible. For example, if I have two themes named Celestial (instead of Celestial Lite and Celestial Reloaded), if you have the free lite version installed from WordPress, then you install the premium one from my site, WP will occasionally check for updates for the lite version and if I were to update the lite version, your premium version would get overwritten because WP will think the theme is the same one. A bit technical but long story short, there is no direct upgrade from a free theme version off the WordPress theme repository; you have to install the other as a new theme which also means you have to redo your theme options and widgets.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.