White space at top of content area

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Circumference White space at top of content area

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I have a couple more questions. First, there is an excessive amount of white space at the top of the content area on every page on my site. Currently it’s between the slideshow and the page title and/or the start of the text, but it’s there regardless of whether or not there’s a slideshow.

Is this something I can adjust myself? If it is, where do I find whatever it is I need to change?

The site is: rosemary.wpengine.com/

Thanks,
    Rosemary

Sushil Adhikari

There is a padding on the container which is found around line 473 in the style.css

#cir-content-wrapper {
    padding: 4em 0;
    }

You can change that, but don’t change the theme’s file(s) when making modifications, use the child theme for that. IF you only plan to make changes to CSS, then a CSS editing plugin will work, or if you use JetPack, it has a CSS editor built in. The code above you would change the 4em to something smaller.

Thanks, I’ll try that.

I installed JetPack so I could preview changes to the child theme CSS. None of the changes I tried showed any change on the preview. The last entry I tried was:

#cir-content-wrapper {
    padding: 1em 0;
    }

This still shows the same amount of white space above the content, so I just cancelled it. I must be doing something wrong.

Sushil Adhikari

You used the Jetpack CSS Edit? I just looked at your site and the custom CSS has this:

#cir-content-wrapper{padding:3em 0}

I just changed the 3em to 1em in my browser’s webmaster tools (live edit) and it worked on my end.

That’s odd. I didn’t publish anything. I used the JetPack CSS Edit with the following settings:
    Preprocessor: None Edit
    Mode: Add-on Edit
    Content Width: Default Edit

and 3 attempts to change the padding: 3em 0, 2em 0, and 1em 0. Nothing changed in the preview. I guess I’ll try changing it and publishing it instead of just previewing it.

OK, previewing didn’t work, but publishing it did.

Louis
    Participant

Hi Friend, I have adjust the white space just mentioned here, I have this question,
    from file manager, I see there are both style.css under folder Circumference and Circumference-child,
    from the video lessons, you told we shall amend the document only under circumference-child folder,
    so my question is:

I shall amend the style.css from the circumference and paste the new file to circumference-child folder ?
    The file style.css within child folder is very simple, so I think we can only adjust the file style.css within father folder.

Since there are already one style.css within child folder, so the amended one shall replace the existing one ?
    Thank you for your help, my friend, I sorry for my questions, which indeed takes your time…

Sushil Adhikari

@Louis…the child theme already has a style.css so all you need to do is to copy only the parts of the other one that you want to change. So for example, if the parent theme’s style.css has this:

#cir-banner {
    	min-height: 2.5em;
    	background-color:#7FAAB5;
    	background-position: center;
    }

….and you just want to change the min-height, then you would copy this part over to the style.css in the child theme and make your change there:

#cir-banner {
    	min-height: 1.5em;
    }

Only take the part that you want to change.

Louis
    Participant

Thanks again for your efficient help. Great !!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.