Woocommerce without a sidebar

Home Forums WordPress Themes – Premium Circumference Woocommerce without a sidebar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I just installed Woocommerce and it is my first time using a shop plugin on a website as well.

I am wondering if it’s possible to get rid of the “blog right sidebar” in the shop overview. Why is Woocommerce set as a blog type page, and why will it not get overriden when I choose a full page layout for my shop page? I would prefer if I could just list my products on a full page layout and not have it cut off by a sidebar. Let me know if there is a good solution available for this.

Sushil Adhikari

Although this theme supports the use of WooCommerce, it’s not built as a WooCommerce theme, so there are some limitations. However, if you are using a child theme with Circumference, you can actually override the theme’s template for WooCommerce. Are you using a child theme?

If you’re using a child theme and simply just want a full width layout, this is probably the easiest method as it just requires the modification of one file. The other method is if you want to customize the WooCommerce templates, which this site has an interesting tutorial which also requires a child theme: WooCommerce Templates

Great, I am using a child theme. Should I just add woocommerce.php to my child theme folder and edit that?

Am I correct in thinking I can remove the “div class=row” and just put in the hook for adding woocommerce content? I don’t need the row div since that’s just for the columns, or is that wrong?

Sushil Adhikari

Best to keep the row intact. Basically you would change this class….

md-col-8 to be md-col-12

Then remove this:

Ok, perfect! Done and looks great.
    Thank you so much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.